Wilder by Far

A look at life with the Wilder family. Updated most weekends and some vacation days. You can contact me at movingnorth@gmail.com..

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, February 26, 2005

140' Tower of Ice


So, I read in the local paper (the News-Miner) that a guy living in Fox, Alaska decided to just put water up pipes and build the biggest tower of ice that he could in -40 weather. Here it is. A local ice climbing club (now THAT I cannot fathom - I can imagine people climbing ice. I can imagine clubs. A combination of the two???? And they said Star Trek fan clubs were strange) climbs up and puts more pipe and blue food coloring up at the top. They claim it's 140' now. It is big, and I'm not planning on taking a tape measure up and checking. I went with The Mrs. and The Boy and we looked at it two weeks ago, and they've gone up a lot since then. First time we were there, a flock of Japanese tourists were taking pictures. There are quite a few Japanese tour groups that come year round. Rumor has it they like the aurora. More on that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Silktide SiteScore for this website
Blog Flux Directory Blogarama Free Web Counters
Web Counter
Search Popdex:
Humor Blog Top Sites Top100 Bloggers
Top100 uscity.net directory