Wilder by Far

A look at life with the Wilder family. Updated most weekends and some vacation days. You can contact me at movingnorth@gmail.com..

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Odd House


This is a house next to the Trans-Alaska Pipeline (TAPS) and the big tower of ice (both of which are pictured below). I know that it looks like the whole house and everything is on wheels (which would be extremely odd, to say the least) but those wheels actually connect only to a platform that they used to make a deck that goes most of the way around the house. Which is still pretty odd. As I figure it, those big wheels (and the platforms that they support) were used to move sections of pipe and other necessary items for the construction of the pipeline. Off to the left (you can't see it) was a big, customized engine for pulling bunches of these things. So, I can see how this went down.
"Hey, honey, I've got all of these eight foot high wagons. I think I'll use them to make a deck."
"Yes, dear."
"Did I mention I'd have to build a custom house so that the main level was at the right elevation for the deck?"
"No, dear."
"Well, I will."
"Yes, dear. Make sure that you keep the tires on the deck inflated."

As always, click on the picture for a larger one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Silktide SiteScore for this website
Blog Flux Directory Blogarama Free Web Counters
Web Counter
Search Popdex:
Humor Blog Top Sites Top100 Bloggers
Top100 uscity.net directory