Wilder by Far

A look at life with the Wilder family. Updated most weekends and some vacation days. You can contact me at movingnorth@gmail.com..

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

"I was getting a piping hot cup of coffee. It's far too hot to drink, but luckily my leathery man-mouth can take it." - Stan, American Dad

 

A tiny guy has no idea he’s being stalked by a giant, animated skeleton of a tyrannosaurus rex at the Houston Museum of Natural History. I think he’s a Hillary supporter.

I got a list today:

Sciences:
Electristy
stars
planets
soil

History:
Reveloutonary war
famos invintors
famos Authur’s
famos war’s

math:
3 4 and 5 Diget problems

spelling:
number words
-ate
-ape
-each
-ea

What prompted this list is that The Mrs. and I were talking to The Boy about what he wanted to learn about this summer. I asked The Boy to make a list, and here, Internet, you are allowed to see what this particular seven-year-old is interested in.

School is winding down, and The Boy recently came home with a folder full of awards. There were awards for math, science, spelling, etc. in the packet. Knowing that the educational system nowadays awards pretty much everything to anyone, I asked him if there was an award he didn’t get:

“Citizenship, of course. (well, duh, he’s related to me) And perfect attendance. Didn’t get that one either,” The Boy responded.

Good for him. At least there was some criteria.

The Boy is excited that school is nearly out, and so is The Mrs. This means that, instead of waking to a busy hive of activity as I go to work, I’ll get up (quietly) to a slumbering mass of Wilders and tip-toe out the door. The Mrs. refers to this as “grizzly bear noises in a china shop,” but she’s being kind.

So, summer is here, and Houston moves from the season of being Nice, to the season of being Hot, and finally into the season of Nice and Hot.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Silktide SiteScore for this website
Blog Flux Directory Blogarama Free Web Counters
Web Counter
Search Popdex:
Humor Blog Top Sites Top100 Bloggers
Top100 uscity.net directory