Wilder by Far

A look at life with the Wilder family. Updated most weekends and some vacation days. You can contact me at movingnorth@gmail.com..

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Read This Blog Or I'll Kill This Car


The Mrs. really noticed the (unintentional) humor in this one - she thought it was advertising car jackings. I really can't imagine that car jackings are much of a problem in Alaska, since Alaska law allows anyone who can legally possess a gun to walk around with one tucked wherever they darn well please. You may be for or against guns (this is not a political blog) but, you are darn well polite to those that have 'em. In Alaska, that's everyone. I was talking to a friend at work, and she was talking about a great place to hike, filled with wildlife. She mentioned coming across grizzly tracks when coming back down the trail after her hike. I indicated that it might be wise to be armed in such a situation, and she let me know in no uncertain terms that she essentially packs an arsenal that would make a third world dictator envious when she's out hiking. I'm guessing an Alaskan pacifist is someone who draws the lines at owning more than fifteen guns.

4 Comments:

Blogger dayna said...

Great pictures. I just finished watching the PBS show, Alone in the Wilderness. I've been pondering life way up north ever since.

Don't visit my blog if you're sensitive about the pope okay?

12:41 PM  
Anonymous frankie foo foo said...

That picture cracked me up. I can just see that caption with it, too.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Quackin' Mad Duck said...

"Alaskan pacifist"?? LOL!
AKA "Bear Bait"!

9:28 AM  
Blogger ann said...

Actually, there are pacifists in Alaska. I live in Alaska, don't own a single gun, and no one I know carries a gun around with them... Startling, but true. Not everyone in Alaska is a gun-toting conservative.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Silktide SiteScore for this website
Blog Flux Directory Blogarama Free Web Counters
Web Counter
Search Popdex:
Humor Blog Top Sites Top100 Bloggers
Top100 uscity.net directory