Wilder by Far

A look at life with the Wilder family. Updated most weekends and some vacation days. You can contact me at movingnorth@gmail.com..

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Read This Blog Or I'll Kill This Car


The Mrs. really noticed the (unintentional) humor in this one - she thought it was advertising car jackings. I really can't imagine that car jackings are much of a problem in Alaska, since Alaska law allows anyone who can legally possess a gun to walk around with one tucked wherever they darn well please. You may be for or against guns (this is not a political blog) but, you are darn well polite to those that have 'em. In Alaska, that's everyone. I was talking to a friend at work, and she was talking about a great place to hike, filled with wildlife. She mentioned coming across grizzly tracks when coming back down the trail after her hike. I indicated that it might be wise to be armed in such a situation, and she let me know in no uncertain terms that she essentially packs an arsenal that would make a third world dictator envious when she's out hiking. I'm guessing an Alaskan pacifist is someone who draws the lines at owning more than fifteen guns.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture cracked me up. I can just see that caption with it, too.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Quackin' Mad Duck said...

"Alaskan pacifist"?? LOL!
AKA "Bear Bait"!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Actually, there are pacifists in Alaska. I live in Alaska, don't own a single gun, and no one I know carries a gun around with them... Startling, but true. Not everyone in Alaska is a gun-toting conservative.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Silktide SiteScore for this website
Blog Flux Directory Blogarama Free Web Counters
Web Counter
Search Popdex:
Humor Blog Top Sites Top100 Bloggers
Top100 uscity.net directory