Wilder by Far

A look at life with the Wilder family. Updated most weekends and some vacation days. You can contact me at movingnorth@gmail.com..

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, April 17, 2005

The Thing That Came From Under The Snow


I'll be damned if I know what it is.

Is it a planter? Is it a tire?

When The Mrs. and I bought the house, we'd never seen what the place looked like without a covering of snow. We first saw our house in November, and it's now April. That's six months without seeing under the snow. Only now are some sections of the roof are starting to be bare.

This 'whatever-it-is' resides in my front yard. Sitting there, mocking me. My front yard!

One of the lumps we looked under had a camper shell for a pickup. Bought it with the place, didn't know what was under that lump until The Mrs. and The Boy went snooping. I don't have a pickup.

Is there grass under the snow? What really lurks there? This week we found we had a nice cobblestone walk to the deck.

Alas, it's snowing again. On April 17th. Snow. It'll be a few more days (weeks?) before this mystery is solved.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's probably has something to do with a John Carpenter film...

8:22 PM  
Blogger Woofwoof said...

I bet it's Jimmy Hoffa. Or Elvis.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Silktide SiteScore for this website
Blog Flux Directory Blogarama Free Web Counters
Web Counter
Search Popdex:
Humor Blog Top Sites Top100 Bloggers
Top100 uscity.net directory