Wilder by Far

A look at life with the Wilder family. Updated most weekends and some vacation days. You can contact me at movingnorth@gmail.com..

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, June 29, 2008

"And I apologize for that. I thought it was a pool toy." - Tobias, Arrested Development

 
Posted by Picasa

The unrivalled massiveness of Sam Houston towers triumphantly over The Mrs., The Boy, and Pugsley. I personally want to have a cane when I’m older, primarily because I’d like to keep a sword in it, so that if anybody ever got on my lawn, I could give them serious medieval what-for.

The last two weeks have been very tranquil at Casa Wilder. Besides our Bigfoot: The Garden Yeti infestation, we’ve been relatively relaxed. Oh, sure, we’ve had outbreaks of unrelaxedness, like when the phasers® and communicators™ arrived and The Boy and Pugsley took to phasing each other on the front lawn (there is no phaser aim as bad as the phaser aim of a three-year-old, yet our three-year-old giggles like, well, a three-year-old as The Boy fans him with a phaser© blast designed to split him into atoms.

It’s summer in Houston, and fairly hot outside, in a very special Houston kind of way. This special way includes that sweat, due to the humidity, simply doesn’t work here. Sweat has been derided for making you sweaty and salty, but in the climates I grew up in, sweat worked and allowed you to cool down. In Houston? You’re just wetter, and no more comfortable.

That’s okay.

We have a pool. Having a pool makes Houston bearable. This morning, The Mrs. strolled through the bedroom after I had been through a 14-hour hibernation cycle.

“Hey, we’re going swimming. Want to come?”

Yes. Yes I do.

The Boy, and Pugsley and I do all sorts of silly boy things, fighting, splashing, and throwing pool toys at each other. It especially tickles Pugsley when he’s able to catch me, wrap his arms around my neck, and have me swim around the pool pulling him.

The Mrs. floats placidly amidst the turmoil, only occasionally glommed onto by the horde of males in the pool.

The other distraction was the recent Cub Scout movie day where I took The Boy (a Wolf) and Pugsley (an irritating little brother) to the movies. The nice people at AMC© gave us a tour, wherein Pugsley was primarily interested in the HVAC infrastructure of the theater.

We watched “Kung Fu Panda,” which was, well, I was sleeping. It might have been good. Both The Boy and Pugsley seemed happy about the movie, and all my Raisinettes™ and the Coke® were gone when I woke up, so that would indicate a goodly sugar intake took place.

So, if you want to know how the Wilder family summer is going, it can be summed up as: bigfoot, phasers©, swimming, movies, and sugar.

Not a bad summer.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeffro said...

it can be summed up as: bigfoot, phasers©, swimming, movies, and sugar

Don't forget beer and naps! Of course, those are year round and not limited to summer.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

jeffro,
Beer, check.
Naps, check.

In that order.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Omigod--Texans really do have this preoccupation with SIZE, don't they? That's one honkin' big statue.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Silktide SiteScore for this website
Blog Flux Directory Blogarama Free Web Counters
Web Counter
Search Popdex:
Humor Blog Top Sites Top100 Bloggers
Top100 uscity.net directory